Sunday, December 6, 2009

The end of the play, 11th post for Idiot Savant

The end of this performance was a happy time for me, mainly because it meant that this show was finally over. Even though it was only about an hour and a half long, it felt like hours for me. The end of this play though was pretty obvious for me since it finished off most the my thoughts about the play itself. At the end we see only the Idiot Savant left on stage by himself looking around frantically for the duck, aka his sanity. He is left alone on stage at the end to represent how everyone else was a figment of his imagination (except for the people with the hats as I have mentioned in one of my previous posts). The last motion that the Idiot Savant has in this performance is him falling to the ground and landing precisely on the number five. The significance here is to show how that the performance is over and how he is complete. The whole point of this performance was to show us how he was in search of something. From the beginning of the play he was arguing with both himself and his alter egos trying to get information out of himself. At the end he is complete because he has achieved his goal; he has found whatever is was that he was looking for. As I mentioned before the point of the number was to show how close the people were to getting information out of him and by having him fall on the number five was to show how only he was able to get the information. When I write information, I mean understand what it was that was concerning him. By all of this I mean that he achieved his goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment