Sunday, December 6, 2009

Handlers? 12th post for Idiot Savant

It is almost as though they were his handlers for the performance.

This was one of the lines that I wrote in my 6th post for this assignment. I already explained what they did during the play and now I just have one more thing to add on pertaining to what they did. As we were leaving the show one of the men with the funny hats walked off stage and almost directed us out of the theater. Now throughout all of this he remained in character and completely still. The point of this was to convey to us how the show was not just a performance but that it was real life. It is almost as though we were at a zoo and we had just seen a performance by the animals and all of the handlers were directing people out. The Idiot Savant was the animal and we were the observers. I only realized this because I found it odd how the man directing us out stayed in character the whole time. Also, by having him come off the stage and remain in character it shows how it was not acting. Everything that we saw was supposed to be real life. This was a way of "landing the plane" for everyone in the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment